In my research for developing for the Playdate and for improving my Agifier plug-in for the Acorn image editor, I've been delving deep into the academic and artistic aspects of dithering. This article lists a number of the resources I've used so far in my research in regards to dithering and digital halftoning.
- Ditherpunk — The article I wish I had about monochrome image dithering
- Image Dithering: Eleven Algorithms and Source Code
- Reducing Colors In An Image → Dithering
- A look at various simple dithering algorithms in C++
- Dither: Ordered and Floyd-Steinberg, Monochrome & Colored
- Return of the Obra Dinn [GDC 2016 Demo Build] - Fullscreen, Round 3
- What is digital halftoning?
- The Utah Raster Kit - rledither.c