Edenwaith : Products : Permanent eraser
Permanent Eraser :: Version History
Permanent Eraser 2.8.0 (31 May 2018)
- Requests authorization to erase write-protected files.
- Reduced the app size.
Version 2.7.3 (17 December 2017)
- Fixed default Preferences for new users.
- Minor UI fixes.
- Updated German localization.
- Updated Help files.
Version 2.7.2 (17 November 2017)
- Added a new Automator action to erase free space from a drive.
- Updated the Erase and Erash Trash Automator actions.
- Added Welsh localization.
- Updated localization for Traditional Chinese.
- Tested and verified for macOS High Sierra.
Version 2.7.1 (19 December 2016)
- Added German localization for the Mac OS X Leopard contextual menu plug-in.
- Default erasing pattern set to 7-pass DoD method.
- Tested and verified for macOS Sierra.
Version 2.7.0 (19 December 2015)
- New context menu plug-in for Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard.
- Increased app responsiveness while preparing to erase the Trash.
- Fixed a Retina UI issue on Yosemite.
- Fixed UI issues for non-English localizations.
- Tested and verified for OS X 10.11 El Capitan
Version 2.6.3 (22 March 2015)
- Fixed critical issues where Permanent Eraser failed to work properly on Yosemite.
- Fixed a warning on Yosemite when checking the OS version.
- Fixed a Dock icon drawing issue on Retina Macs.
- Added additional Retina-level images.
- Added additional UI improvements.
- Updated the code signing to work properly with Gatekeeper for OS X 10.9.5 and later.
- Tested and verified for OS X 10.10 Yosemite.
Version 2.6.2 (27 December 2013)
- Updated plug-in for Mavericks.
- Fixed the code signing to work properly with Gatekeeper.
- Tested and verified for OS X 10.9 Mavericks.
Version 2.6.1 (17 September 2012)
- Code signed the application to work with Mountain Lion's Gatekeeper.
- Tested and verified for OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion.
- Updated the Erase service for Mountain Lion.
- Built as a 64-bit application.
- Fixed an issue where the plug-in did not install correctly under Leopard.
Version 2.6.0 (19 May 2012)
- Added support for the 3-pass DoE erase pattern.
- Detect SSD drives and overwrite files only once due to wear leveling techniques.
- Tested under OS X Mountain Lion DP3.
- Minor UI improvements.
- Note: Now requires Mac OS X 10.5 or later.
Version 2.5.3 (10 February 2012)
- Permanent Eraser made available on the Mac App Store.
Version 2.5.3 (13 January 2012)
- Fixes for Mac OS X 10.7 "Lion":
- Erase more than one file at a time using the Service plug-in.
- Restores "empty trash" sound when erasing is complete.
- Updated Automator actions.
- Application icon updated for 32x32 size.
- Automatically updates to the latest plug-in.
Version 2.5.2 (11 July 2011)
- Updated Swedish and Dutch localizations.
- Partially updated localizations for German, Italian, French, and Traditional Chinese.
- Updated the Services plug-in for Mac OS 10.6+.
- Erasing an individual file will display the name of the file being erased in the alert dialog.
- Added Acknowledgments help page.
- Fixed the issue where the Italian Preferences could not be opened.
- Clicking the Help button in the Preferences window displays the correct help page.
- Tested for Mac OS 10.7 "Lion".
Version 2.5.1 (11 January 2011)
- Preferences window can be opened when an alert dialog is present.
Version 2.5.0 (11 December 2010)
- New help files
- New options for erasing levels
- New Preferences window
- Set file erasing level
- Set disc erasing level
- Toggle warnings
- Toggle sound option
- Check for updates
- Easily install contextual plug-in
Version 2.4.2 (12 June 2010)
- Fixes several crashes related to erasing symlinks.
- Properly displays the correct size of an optical disc being erased.
- Corrects several sizing errors on folders containing symlinks and files with odd symbols in their names.
- Option added to not show the alert dialog for files that cannot be erased.
- Improved the installation process for plug-ins.
Version 2.4.1 (30 December 2009)
- New Service plug-in for Snow Leopard.
- Added 64-bit Automator Actions for Snow Leopard.
- Faster scanning file sizes.
- Smoother appearance of progress meter badge.
- UI improvements for the alert dialog.
- Fixed an issue when trying to delete an application which contains the DotMac framework.
- Fixed improper sizing of frameworks.
- Fixed a crash when trying to erase non-empty folders that could be erased.
- Fixed a crash when minimizing the application in Snow Leopard.
Version 2.4.0 (22 September 2009)
- Redesigned interface, which displays amount of data being erased.
- Added "Do not show this message again" option in the alert dialog.
- Significant portions of the program have been re-engineered.
- Updated icons, tailored for Mac OS 10.5 and 10.6.
- Tested and updated for Mac OS 10.6 Snow Leopard.
- Note: Now requires Mac OS 10.3.9 or later.
Version 2.3.5 (17 December 2008)
- Added Italian localization.
- Added new menus: Send Feedback and Permanent Eraser Website.
Version 2.3.4 (17 November 2008)
- Re-corrected a bug where the program would stall after deleting 250 files.
- Updated the application icon for a smoother appearance.
- Added an option to disable the sound effects.
Version 2.3.3 (30 December 2007)
- Corrected a bug where the program would stall after deleting 250 files.
- Tested and verified with Leopard.
- Updated application icon for Leopard.
- Shuts down faster.
Version 2.3.2 (31 May 2007)
- Added two new Automator actions: Erase Selected Items and Erase Trash.
- Updated Automator Finder plug-in so it will erase more than one selected item at a time.
- Added Swedish localization.
- Updated Dutch localization.
Version 2.3.1 (13 April 2007)
- Added Cancel option in the Dock Menu.
- Updated French localization.
- Improved progress tracking.
- Corrected several minor issues.
Version 2.3.0 (31 March 2007)
- Ability to easily erase CD-RWs and DVD-RWs.
- New Automator Finder plug-in.
- Added Traditional Chinese localization.
Version 2.2.3 (13 January 2007)
- Added French localization.
- When the program is launched, a warning appears which alerts the user that their files are about to be erased. Pressing the Option key when starting Permanent Eraser will bypass this warning.
Version 2.2.2 (6 January 2007)
- Added Dutch localization.
- Improved tracking when deleting files that contain resource forks.
Version 2.2.1 (21 December 2006)
- A rare issue where the progress bar would not update has been corrected.
- When Permanent Eraser is launched for the first time, it alerts the user that their files are about to be permanently erased.
- Erases files locked by the Finder.
- Warns if a file can't be erased because it is owned by another user.
- Minor cosmetic improvements to the progress badge.
- Corrected an issue where the progress bar would not always fill entirely (Mac OS 10.2 issue only).
- A spinning progress bar is shown when Permanent Eraser is preparing to erase the files.
Version 2.2.0 (22 September 2006)
- Universal Binary
- Progress indicator shown in the Dock icon.
- Better monitoring of the file deletion.
- Drag Permanent Eraser to your Finder's toolbar for a Panther or Tiger-like button for easy access.
- Upgraded the included srm utility to version 1.2.8.
- Distributed as a disk image (dmg) since Firefox was having problems downloading the file.
- Note: Now requires Mac OS 10.2 or later
Version 2.1.2 (22 October 2005)
- Added German localization.
- Alerts user if a particular file could not be erased.
- Distributed as a compressed disk image (dmg.gz) instead of a StuffIt archive (.sit).
Version 2.1.1 (28 April 2005)
- Just before quitting, Permanent Eraser will play the entire closing sound, instead of being cut off prematurely.
- If the sound file exists on the system, the Empty Trash sound is used (found on Mac OS 10.2 and later).
- The progress indicator completely fills the entire bar when done erasing.
- A spinning progress bar is shown at the beginning to alert the user that Permanent Eraser is working, instead of showing an empty progress bar.
Version 2.1.0 (24 November 2004)
- Files are deleted from Trashes on all available volumes.
Version 2.0.0 (21 April 2004)
- Increased security when deleting files by implementing the Gutmann Method.
- Cancel running processes.
- Drop files on the application icon to erase them.
- Improved progress tracking.
- New application icon.
Version 1.0.0 (30 October 2003)
- Original version released.