Untar :: Version History
- Uncompressing Zip files excludes the unnecessary __MACOSX files.
- Added Italian localization.
- Now open source under the GPL license.
- Added French localization.
- Added Traditional Chinese localization.
- Updated Help files.
- Fixed a potential problem with extracting from 7z files.
- Archives will now extract the files into their own containing folder.
- Compiled as a Universal Binary for PowerPC and Intel support
- Support for 7-zip (.7z) files
- Console Log maintains its window settings and past logs
- Packaged as a Disk Image (.dmg)
- Help files indexed
- Several smaller errors have been corrected
- Support for new file formats: svgz, tbz, tbz2, and rar
- Full Mac OS 10.3 compatability
- Zip, bzip2, and unrar support for all versions of Mac OS X. Untar does not depend upon the operating system or previously installed tools to provide support for zip, bzip2, and unrar
- A console log to display detailed information of what's going on in the background
- New application and associated file icons
- Updated interface, with a slimmer and more professional appearance
- Packaged as a dmg.gz, just as it should be, so it can be easily unpacked by Mac OS X
- Several small errors were corrected where notification message boxes would appear at incorrect times.
- Additional support for .taz, .bz, .bz2, and .zip file formats.
- Opens up Disk Copy automatically after uncompressing a .dmg.gz file.
- Help System added.
- Modified user interface.
- Improved icon.
- Now supports .z, .Z, .tar.z, and .tar.Z file formats.
- Same functionality as the original version. Internal code was modified and optimized. Source code and project files were included with this release.
- Original version released.