What's new in GUI Tar
Version 1.2.4 - Released 25 January 2011
- Improved calculation of file sizes listed in the compression table.
- Minor UI improvements.
- Optimizations and clean up for a leaner application.
Version 1.2.3 - Released 12 September 2009
- Fixes for Mac OS 10.6 "Snow Leopard" compatibility.
Version 1.2.2 - Released 15 March 2009
- Removed alert dialogs from appearing after successfully completing a task.
- Removed further unnecessary messages being sent to the system logs.
Version 1.2.1 - Released 8 March 2009
- Added "Recent Searches" to the console log search field.
- Removed unnecessary messages being sent to the system logs.
- Duplicate entries cannot be added to the Compressor list.
Version 1.2.0 - Released 28 February 2009
- Added the Console Log.
- Added zip compression support.
- Compressor lists correct sizes for folders.
- Added Universal Binary versions of 7za and unrar.
- Corrected minor bugs and added error correction.
- Note: GUI Tar 1.2 requires Mac OS 10.3.9 or later.
Version 1.1.1 - Released 26 September 2007
- Archives will now extract the files into their own containing folder.
- Uncompressing Zip files excludes the unnecessary __MACOSX files.
- Compressor file list displays the size of the files.
- Minor interface changes
Version 1.1.0 - Released 30 November 2006
- Added support for 7-zip (.7z), Bzipped tar archives (.tbz), and UNIX compressed files (.Z)
- Now available as a Universal Binary for both Intel and PPC Macs.
- Updated Help system.
- Full support for zip and bzip2 on earlier versions of Mac OS X
- New icons for 7z, bzip2, and tbz.