Permanent Eraser 2.5.2 (11 July 2011)
- Updated Swedish and Dutch localizations.
- Partially updated localizations for German, Italian, French, and Traditional Chinese.
- Updated the Services plug-in for Mac OS 10.6+.
- Erasing an individual file will display the name of the file being erased in the alert dialog.
- Added Acknowledgments help page.
- Fixed the issue where the Italian Preferences could not be opened.
- Clicking the Help button in the Preferences window displays the correct help page.
- Tested for Mac OS 10.7 "Lion".
Permanent Eraser 2.5.1 (11 January 2011)
- Preferences window can be opened when an alert dialog is present.
Permanent Eraser 2.5.0 (11 December 2010)
- New help files
- New options for erasing levels
- New Preferences window
- Set file erasing level
- Set disc erasing level
- Toggle warnings
- Toggle sound option
- Check for updates
- Easily install contextual plug-in
Permanent Eraser 2.4.2 (12 June 2010)
- Fixes several crashes related to erasing symlinks.
- Properly displays the correct size of an optical disc being erased.
- Corrects several sizing errors on folders containing symlinks and files with odd symbols in their names.
- Option added to not show the alert dialog for files that cannot be erased.
- Improved the installation process for plug-ins.
Permanent Eraser 2.4.1 (30 December 2009)
- New Service plug-in for Snow Leopard.
- Added 64-bit Automator Actions for Snow Leopard.
- Faster scanning file sizes.
- Smoother appearance of progress meter badge.
- UI improvements for the alert dialog.
- Fixed an issue when trying to delete an application which contains the DotMac framework.
- Fixed improper sizing of frameworks.
- Fixed a crash when trying to erase non-empty folders that could be erased.
- Fixed a crash when minimizing the application in Snow Leopard.
Permanent Eraser 2.4.0 (22 September 2009)
- Redesigned interface, which displays amount of data being erased.
- Added "Do not show this message again" option in the alert dialog.
- Significant portions of the program have been re-engineered.
- Updated icons, tailored for Mac OS 10.5 and 10.6.
- Tested and updated for Mac OS 10.6 Snow Leopard.
- Note: Now requires Mac OS 10.3.9 or later.
Permanent Eraser 2.3.5 (17 December 2008)
- Added Italian localization.
- Added new menus: Send Feedback and Permanent Eraser Website.
Permanent Eraser 2.3.4 (17 November 2008)
- Re-corrected a bug where the program would stall after deleting 250 files.
- Updated the application icon for a smoother appearance.
- Added an option to disable the sound effects.
Permanent Eraser 2.3.3 (30 December 2007)
- Corrected a bug where the program would stall after deleting 250 files.
- Tested and verified with Leopard.
- Updated application icon for Leopard.
- Shuts down faster.
Permanent Eraser 2.3.2 (31 May 2007)
- Added two new Automator actions: Erase Selected Items and Erase Trash.
- Updated Automator Finder plug-in so it will erase more than one selected item at a time.
- Added Swedish localization.
- Updated Dutch localization.
Permanent Eraser 2.3.1 (13 April 2007)
- Added Cancel option in the Dock Menu.
- Updated French localization.
- Improved progress tracking.
- Corrected several minor issues.
Permanent Eraser 2.3.0 (31 March 2007)
- Ability to easily erase CD-RWs and DVD-RWs.
- New Automator Finder plug-in.
- Added Traditional Chinese localization.
Permanent Eraser 2.2.3 (13 January 2007)
- Added French localization.
- When the program is launched, a warning appears which alerts the user that their files are about to be erased. Pressing the Option key when starting Permanent Eraser will bypass this warning.
Permanent Eraser 2.2.2 (6 January 2007)
- Added Dutch localization.
- Improved tracking when deleting files that contain resource forks.
Permanent Eraser 2.2.1 (21 December 2006)
- A rare issue where the progress bar would not update has been corrected.
- When Permanent Eraser is launched for the first time, it alerts the user that their files are about to be permanently erased.
- Erases files locked by the Finder.
- Warns if a file can't be erased because it is owned by another user.
- Minor cosmetic improvements to the progress badge.
- Corrected an issue where the progress bar would not always fill entirely (Mac OS 10.2 issue only).
- A spinning progress bar is shown when Permanent Eraser is preparing to erase the files.
Permanent Eraser 2.2.0 (22 September 2006)
- Universal Binary
- Progress indicator shown in the Dock icon.
- Better monitoring of the file deletion.
- Drag Permanent Eraser to your Finder's toolbar for a Panther or Tiger-like button for easy access.
- Upgraded the included srm utility to version 1.2.8.
- Distributed as a disk image (dmg) since Firefox was having problems downloading the file.
- Note: Now requires Mac OS 10.2 or later
Permanent Eraser 2.1.2 (22 October 2005)
- Added German localization.
- Alerts user if a particular file could not be erased.
- Distributed as a compressed disk image (dmg.gz) instead of a StuffIt archive (.sit).
Permanent Eraser 2.1.1 (28 April 2005)
- Just before quitting, Permanent Eraser will play the entire closing sound, instead of being cut off prematurely.
- If the sound file exists on the system, the Empty Trash sound is used (found on Mac OS 10.2 and later).
- The progress indicator completely fills the entire bar when done erasing.
- A spinning progress bar is shown at the beginning to alert the user that Permanent Eraser is working, instead of showing an empty progress bar.
Permanent Eraser 2.1.0 (24 November 2004)
- Files are deleted from Trashes on all available volumes.
Permanent Eraser 2.0.0 (21 April 2004)
- Increased security when deleting files by implementing the Gutmann Method.
- Cancel running processes.
- Drop files on the application icon to erase them.
- Improved progress tracking.
- New application icon.
Permanent Eraser 1.0.0 (30 October 2003)
- Original version released.