What's new in Untar
Untar 1.3.3 (2 December 2007)
- Uncompressing Zip files excludes the unnecessary __MACOSX files.
- Added Italian localization.
Untar 1.3.2 (25 February 2007)
- Now open source under the GPL license.
- Added French localization.
- Added Traditional Chinese localization.
- Updated Help files.
- Fixed a potential problem with extracting from 7z files.
- Archives will now extract the files into their own containing folder.
Untar 1.3.1 (25 February 2006)
- Compiled as a Universal Binary for PowerPC and Intel support
- Support for 7-zip (.7z) files
- Console Log maintains its window settings and past logs
- Packaged as a Disk Image (.dmg)
- Help files indexed
- Several smaller errors have been corrected
Untar 1.3.0 (10 March 2005)
- Support for new file formats: svgz, tbz, tbz2, and rar
- Full Mac OS 10.3 compatability
- Zip, bzip2, and unrar support for all versions of Mac OS X. Untar does not depend upon the operating system or previously installed tools to provide support for zip, bzip2, and unrar
- A console log displays detailed information of what's going on in the background
- New application and associated file icons
- Updated interface, with a slimmer and more professional appearance
- Updated Help System
- Check for updates
- Packaged as a dmg.gz, just as it should be, so it can be easily unpacked by Mac OS X